Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cheer Up Keanu Day


Okay, June 15th has unofficially become 'Cheer Up Keanu Day' where people are urged to send well wishes to the ridiculously successful actor because of a picture taken of the actor sitting on a park bench, alone, eating his lunch.

God, he is so deep!

So....here goes.

In the beginning, it was fun insulting Keanu Reeves as an actor. His stoner act. His appearance in "Dangerous Liaisons". His attempt at Shakespeare alongside the likes of Kenneth Branaugh and Denzel Washington, for the love of all things sacred. But then, I got older and I found myself enjoying 'Point Break'. And then 'Speed'. Yes, 'Speed'.

And then....... the first 'Matrix' film came out. Let's not forget the slow-mo fight scene on the staircase in the second 'Matrix' film. Remember watching it in awe?

I started tallying the number of films I'd actually seen him in and had fun watching. There are a few. More than I can say for some other unworthy actors.

So, with that, I send out a 'thank you, Keanu' that is full of appreciative undertones.

Be happy........dude.






© 2010 Henry McMullen III

2 comments: